The fourth rotary punch has now been delivered and put into operation for a global corporate group in the metal processing industry.
Requirements of the customer:
- With a production speed of 60 m/min, continuous strips were to be punched variably from the coil up to a material thickness of 3.0 mm.
- Fast product change via modular punch inserts.
- Integration of the BRS 245 rotary punch in an existing production line between the decoiler and profiling machine.
Benefits of the BRS 245:
- Variable hole pattern through the Baust FX drive controller
- Short setup times through exchangeable plug-in units
- Low punching forces through the rotary punching process
- Energy savings through reduced punching forces
- Considerably lower noise emission than with a conventional flatbed punch
To achieve the required precision, all units of the rotary punch were equipped with their own drive and synchronised to each other electronically. A modular construction of the cylinder drawing unit, punching plug-in unit and cylinder discharge guarantee the reliable and exact transport of the material – with different material widths and material thicknesses. A measuring wheel records the product speed and ensures that the rotary punch works exactly synchronously with the line speed.